Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) focuses on improving the conversion rate of any engagement touch point a brand may have. This includes advertising, marketing, sales or other business functions that operate with a goal of getting prospects to take action.
A constant state of improvement
Digital marketing provides a plethora of reporting and analytics. This provides brands the opportunity to implement and test optimisation techniques that are measurable and accountable towards success.
However, despite all the reporting and tools available, 61% of companies fail to run 5 or more landing page tests per month1.
Organisations that implement a CRO strategy are better informed and are able to use the results to drive further marketing initiatives.
Despite the lack of CRO strategies in place for many businesses, 78% of businesses are unsatisfied with their current conversion rates, meaning there is plenty of appetite for improvement4.
Applying an effective CRO strategy
Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) can take many forms and typically takes shape in a multi-disciplined approach. Such approaches include:
- Optimising site speed/load
- Customer journey optimisation
- Testing ad copy/placement
- Utilising different creative
- Implementing UX/UI changes
- A/B and multivariate testing
The most important step in creating a CRO strategy is implementing a robust analytics system that will allow your brand to accurately and quickly measure the effectiveness of your initiatives.
From there, brands will be able to take advantage of conversion rate optimisation initiatives which will lead businesses down a path towards conversion success.
An omni-channel approach to CRO
Digital marketing involves a wide variety of channels that all play a unique part in delivering online success.
I take a holistic approach to CRO, by evaluating all channels being utilised (or not utilised) and develop a plan that allows a more fine-tuned and integrated approach to driving conversions .
I can assist in CRO related areas such as:
- What is the state of conversion rate optimization in 2015? – by eConsultancy (2015)
- Conversion Rate Optimization – How to win performance marketing – by Venture Beat (2013)
- What is a good conversion rate? – by Wordstream (2019)
- Registration Forms: 3 steps to lead form optimization – by Marketing Experiments (2012)